You can complete lessons at your own pace. If you sign-out, your progress will be saved and you can resume at another time. The training will take about an hour to complete. All resources that you encounter during the lessons can be found in the materials section of the module.
Lesson 1 materials:
- Tips for practice – Understanding Dementia
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- World Alzheimer Report: Overcoming the stigma of dementia
- Dementia & Sensory Challenges
- “Planning for I can” by Late Life Training
Lesson 2 materials:
- Tips for practice – Rights of People Living with Dementia to Inclusion
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability
- Harnessing the UN convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities to improve the lives of persons with dementia
- Canadian Charter of Rights of People Living with Dementia
- The Power of words: Video about how the words we use affect people living with dementia.
- The Dementia Engagement and Empowerment Project (Language Guide)
- Alzheimer Society of Canada (Language Guide)
- Dementia Australia (Language Guide)